About this Court Case Database
- This database is produced and maintained by the Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (“the Government”).
- By visiting this database, you unconditionally agree to the terms set out below (including the Disclaimer and Copyright Notice) and as they may be modified and/or supplemented from time to time by the Government without prior notice to you. Please check these terms regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made.
- This database aims to enhance public understanding of the Basic Law. The case information provided herein is for information only and is not intended to be exhaustive, nor does it constitute legal advice; it has no legal status and should not be relied on as an official text. Users are responsible for making their own assessment of all information contained in this database, and are advised to verify such information and obtain independent legal advice before acting upon it.
- Whilst the Government will update this database from time to time and endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein, no express or implied statement, representation or warranty is given by the Government as to the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of such information. The Government reserves the right to add, delete, suspend or edit the information at its absolute discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. The Government will not be liable for any errors in, omissions from, or misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information, and will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the information delivered in this database or inability to use it.
- The contents of this database, including but not limited to all texts, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs and compilation of data or other materials, are subject to copyright. The court cases contained in this database are extracted from the publication “香港基本法案例彙編(1997-2010) (第一條至第四十二條)” (“the publication”) co-authored by 李浩然 and 尹國華 and published by the Joint Publishing (Hong Kong) Company Limited. The Government has been licensed by the copyright owner, the Joint Publishing (Hong Kong) Company Limited, to reproduce the contents of the publication and deal with such contents for the purposes of all such activities contemplated herein. Except for the contents of the publication, the copyright in all other contents available in this database is owned by the Government.
- The contents available in this database are for online viewing only. No one may, by any means or forms, publish, reproduce, make copies of, disseminate or adapt the contents herein for commercial purposes. Anyone who needs to publish, reproduce, make copies of, distribute or adapt such contents for non-commercial purposes must obtain prior written permission from the Government, or the Joint Publishing (Hong Kong) Company Limited in respect of the contents of the publication. The Government and the Joint Publishing (Hong Kong) Company Limited reserve the right to take action against any infringing acts.
This database adopts web accessibility design and conforms to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA standard. Should you have any enquiries or comments on its accessibility, please contact us by e-mail.
E-mail address: [email@example.com]
You acknowledge and agree that the Government shall not be responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages howsoever arising out of the use of this database. The Government does not guarantee that any messages sent over the Internet will be completely secure. The Government does not accept any responsibility for any damages incurred by you if you send a message to us, or if the Government sends a message to you at your request, over the Internet. Communications over the Internet may be subject to interruption or delayed transmission due to Internet traffic, or inaccurate data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet or otherwise.